Thursday, September 3, 2009

3 Great Dips--sweet, savory and spicy--just in time for tailgating season!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The sweet) Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

  • 1 package (8 oz. block) cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Cream together cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Add in vanilla and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly. Next add in the mini-chocolate chips! The original recipe I had for this called for butter, I always make it without the butter.....cuts out some of the fat, and it still tastes delicious! If you love chocolate chip cookie dough, you are going to LOVE this dip!!

Let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour. You can then try to mold it into a ball and even roll it in chopped pecans if you'd like. We usually just like to put it in a dip container and start eating!! Best served with animal crackers.....which makes for a cute baby shower food!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The savory) Hot Reuben Dip

  • 1 package (8 oz. block) cream cheese
  • 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) deli corned beef (and yes, you can substitute turkey), chopped
  • 1 package swiss cheese (you can use the package of slices if you want)
  • 1 can sauerkraut
  • 3 Tbsp. Thousand Island Dressing

Mix all ingredients together and put in a crock pot on low until melted! How easy was that?? If you enjoy reuben sandwiches, then this dip will make your mouth smile! It is great served with tostios, fritos, small pieces of toasted rye, etc... Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The spicy) Buffalo Chicken Dip

  • 1/2 to 3/4 jar wing sauce (Hooter's or Moore's or whatever brand you can find)
  • 2 packages cream cheese
  • 2 (boneless and skinless) chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
  • 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dry DIP mix

Mix all ingredients together and bake @ 350 degrees, covered, for ~30 minutes! We like it best served with Fritos scoops!!

Sorry I don't have photos of these posted....maybe I'll get some up in a couple of weekends after tailgating begins!!

4 comments:

  1. These sound so good!! I can not wait to try them!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!! I would like to try all three right now and it's only 10:30.
    Have you made the Reuben with Turkey instead of corned beef? I love turkey reubens, not so much of a fan of corned beef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure you can subsitute turkey..I love turkey reubens from Zoe's myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making the choc chip cheese ball as we speak!!! Can't wait to sample it! :)

    Did I tell u that i made the apple berry dip? It was a hit!!!!!

    Thanks for sharing all of your delicious recipes!! I'm doing the buffalo chicken dip for the next event we have! War Eagle!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by to say hi!