That's right....one of the most delightful mixes of sweet/salty, crunchy/chewy bite-size treat!! And it requires almost NO effort at all to make.
- 1 bag ROLO candies (chocolate & caramel)
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 bag pecan halves
So, take your pretzels, lay them out on a baking sheet. Find yourself 3 kids, or come borrow mine, and have them unwrap all the ROLO candies. Allow them to eat one each....and you're still left with over 50 pieces!! Next, place the ROLO on top of the pretzel in the center. Bake at 350 degrees for only a couple of minutes.....stand at the oven door with the light on, and still take time to peek in every 30 seconds!! As soon as the chocolate candies started getting a "glossy" look to them, take them out and immediately press a pecan half into the center of the ROLO. Press down firmly but gently. VOILA!
Caramel pretzel bites. I usually put the whole baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes after I've finished them, then take them out and just store them in an airtight container. Don't blame us when you eat the 50 you've made while the kids aren't looking.

I think I just got fatter looking at these! Oh, I bet they are delicious!
ReplyDelete