Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beautiful Rainbow Cupcakes

So here's the terribly long, mind boggling recipe for rainbow cupcakes.  You better sit down for this one, it's a doozie.

  • White Cake Mix
  • Food Coloring
  • Patience....a HEAPING cup full. Plus a little more thrown in for kicks. :)
Seriously, I hate to disappoint, but that's all it is, a white cake mix.  I do prefer the kind with the "pudding in the mix" because it makes the cakes SO moist.  You just mix the box up according to package directions and then the time consuming part begins, now would be a good time to break out the bulk sized bag of patience. 

Separate the mix equally into 6 bowls. Add food coloring....we love to use the "neon" colors, that's what makes our bright sea blue and fun lime green and funky purple.  But you can use whatever you like. And there's no law stating it has to be 6 colors....we plan to make some fun cupcakes with just a few colors next time.

  

You have to layer a spoonful of batter from each color into the cupcake papers, and then go on to the next color/layer, etc.etc.

Eventually my helpers quit on me and I was left to finish up the remainder cupcakes alone.  I was fresh out of patience, so I just went all willy nilly with the leftover batter and threw in a spoonful here and there.  No layering.  I called them "tye-dye" cupcakes: which you can see here, although I didn't get a pic of their insides.....but they were just as yummy as the rainbow variety!


And here are those lovely rainbow cupcakes, inside and out:




No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to say hi!