Sunday, April 5, 2009

Red Velvet Cookies


A new take on an old favorite, red velvet cake. Now just make red velvet sandwich cookies....so easy to eat!!


For the cookies:
  • 1 package Red Velvet Cake mix (I use Duncan Hines, but any will work)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar (can use white)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cake mix, eggs, melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended. Then I roll mine into small and large round balls. For big cookies and little bite size cookies. But you can just drop by the spoonful if you want. Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

Sandwich Icing---you can use your favorite red velvet cake icing, but here's ours:

  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
  • 1 box confectioners sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Mix butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together and blend well. Afer the cookies have cooled, spread a spoonful onto the bottom of a cookie and place another on top! Makes lots of yummy red velvet sandwiches!! They are rich, so these will feed a crowd! But oh~so~good~!

3 comments:

  1. Red velvet cookies?! Oh my goodness, I want some now!! They look divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome - I have made them for a few events already and can't wait to make easter red velvet cookies! Last time I made them, I left them open face with the frosting and they really looked pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by to say hi!