Friday, August 29, 2008

THE MOST DELICIOUS APPLE DIP EVER.......

I call it that because I don't have a name for this recipe. But, regardless.....it is truly scrumptious! The kids have helped me make it MANY times, for MANY occasions. Great for birthday parties, family gatherings and especially TAILGATING for football in the fall!!
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar (NOT powdered sugar, just your regular granulated kind)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla or almond flavoring
  • 1/2 bag of Heath toffee bits
  • red and granny smith apple slices

Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Cream it together with the sugars. I start with just 1/4 cup of each sugar and then just add until it is as sweet as I like, but not too sweet, I don't think I ever go over 1/3 cup each. Then add in the flavoring. Mix this all together until well blended. You can now add in the toffee bits. These are found in the baking aisle beside the chocolate chips. Again, this is a personal preference, you can add as few as you want, and then probably no more than 1/2 of the bag. Mix them all in very well.

You can make this recipe in advance, the night ahead. However, do not add the toffee bits in until just an hour or two before serving. They will lose their crunch the longer they are in the dip. Which is just fine for some folks who don't like the crunch anyway. The dip is still delicious the next day, too.


I also try to soak my apple slices in pineapple juice (just put them all inside a big tupperware container) so they will not turn brown after being cut. Works great!


Believe me, you will come back to this recipe over and over for showers, parties, tailgating, sleepovers, family reunions, just for a weekend at home or after school treat!!! Easy and YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by to say hi!